Statement of Faith
Text sent to CRT by Pat Hurd – approved text in our current bylaws (received 1/15/19)
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that marriage is between one man and one woman and is represented by a lifetime commitment between the two. We reject any alternative construction of marriage, including relationships between two men or two women as well as between multiple men and/or multiple women. We reject also any form of cohabiting sexual relationships which take place outside the marital union.
- We believe that the proper structure of the family is one father and one mother, married and living in authority over their biological or adopted children, except in the case of a single parent or an adoptive parental figure.
- We believe that every person is born with a certain, biological and unchangeable gender. We reject any form of sexual orientation aside from the single, biological gender of each person from birth as well as the belief that sexual orientation is determined by the individual, his or her feelings, or the feelings of others.
3.02. The statement of faith is the governing authority over all decisions by staff and board members, as well as over all administration and activities of the Corporation.