(20 hours per week)
THSC is looking for a reliable Administrative Assistant. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the upper-management has adequate support to work efficiently.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Executive Assistant, Executive Director and President, as well as ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions of THSC.
The tasks of the Administrative Administrator will include bookkeeping and mentoring office interns. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing tasks, able to work with little supervision, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, shipping, and receiving
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages, etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures, including printing, mailing, disbursement checks, entering deposits into the data system and making bank deposits
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial, and other data
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Provide support for office & equipment maintenance
- Define and execute procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records (digital or paper) in order to maintain filing systems (digital or paper)
- Manage office inventory, track office supplies stock and place orders when necessary
- Manage purchases and expenditures within the determined budget
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Manage the office duties of volunteers and interns
- Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all clients, vendors, board members, staff, media, etc. by phone, in person, and through email
- Run errands as necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office and Google Suite; familiar with QuickBooks
- Proven experience as an office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Work for a Christian organization
- Work independently and have ownership of office role
- Work alongside an enthusiastic team of individuals passionate about their work
- Serve Texas families and ensure that parents maintain the right to raise their kids for generations to come
Other Details: This is an in-office, hourly position during regular office hours (9:00 – 5:00). For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with references online.
Director of Finance
Full time (40 hours)
THSC is currently searching for a Director of Finance to join our team. In this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, account reconciliation, and profit and loss reporting. The Director of Finance will oversee all accounting activities related to income auditing, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable collection, tax compliance and payroll, etc. If you have a strong background in corporate financial management, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Act as executive with financial focus
- Provide day-to-day financial oversight
- Manage all finance, accounting, and HR operations
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Report financial variances to plan
- Report financial statements and budget to the Board of Directors
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis
- Provide department managers with pay recommendations
- Review and approve new hire salaries
- Provide analysis and financial review of the annual merit increase process
- Provide leadership team with training on impact of different decisions
- Examples: hiring rates, cost containment, ranking financial priorities
- Serve as leader to other departments as needed
- Protect privacy of sensitive team member, stakeholder, and organizational information
- Experience in accounting or financial planning management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic planner
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficient in Excel
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Quick Books Online or other smaller company equivalent (Microsoft Dynamics, Peach Tree, etc.…)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Interested parties are to please apply with their cover letter and resume online.
Event Planner Intern
Texas Home School Coalition is seeking an intern to provide administrative assistance for the THSC Events Team in support of THSC’s mission to promote families’ right to educate and raise their children. This is a one-semester or two-semester work-from-home internship and is ideal for recent homeschool graduates, students taking a gap year or college students.
- Learn how to function in a remote office setting.
- Utilize collaboration tools such as Google Drive, Asana, etc.
- Introduction to CiviCRM and event registration platforms
- Basics of professional correspondence
- Learning time management in connection to planning events
- Working behind-the-scenes on everything from venues and speakers to exhibitors and attendees
- Learn valuable tips from the Ministry Institute video training series.
- Highly valuable professional, remote office experience
- Personal development from Ministry Institute training series
- Hands-on training with planning and conducting events at various stages
- High-speed internet access
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Ability to commit to 10 hours per week for the duration of the internship
- Participate in regular meetings/coachings with mentor and Events Team as a whole
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Interns will receive a stipend for the semester.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 31, 2019, introducing yourself and describing your interest in THSC and the Events Team internship opportunity.
Sales Manager Job Description
Passionate about homeschooling and have proven sales success? THSC seeks an experienced and results-oriented part-time sales manager to lead our team in connecting family-oriented product and service advertisers to the Texas homeschool community.
- Meet personal sales goals by established deadlines in support of meeting team budget goals
- Coach team members to successfully meet their sales goals in support of team budget goals
- Supervise THSC sales team, conducting regular team meetings and 1:1 meetings with sales representatives
- In conjunction with supervisor and THSC administrative staff, set annual budgets and ensure the team meets budgeted revenue goals in a timely manner, and that within the team, each member meets their own goals
- In conjunction with supervisor and THSC administrative staff, set, implement and report on sales team SMART goals
- Direct and supervise development of sales programs and supporting documents such as team processes, annual media kit, annual sponsorship kit(s) and advertiser promotions and communication with advertisers, etc.
- Complete, or delegate and supervise, administrative tasks, research, and special projects as assigned, using Google Suite, Asana, SalesForce, Civi, etc.
- Expediently invoice and pursue collection of advertising revenues
- Participate in regular team meetings and one on one meetings with supervisors
- Attend THSC “All Staff Advance” meetings (2 per year) and managers’ meetings, as required
- Comply with THSC policies as explained in the THSC Employee Manual
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred
- Two-plus years of proven success in professional sales
- Managerial or personnel supervision
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to take initiative, work autonomously
- Organizational and effective time management skills, with ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Technological proficiency
- Exceptional professionalism
- Timely communication
- Attention to detail
- Work from home for a Christian organization
- Work alongside an incredible team of other individuals passionate about their work
- Serve the home school community and ensure that home schooling will be strong in Texas for generations to come
- Paid vacation between Christmas and New Years
This is a part-time position, requiring approximately 25 hours a week, flexible, but within during regular office hours. Remote position, work from home with your own equipment. For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales Manager Position” no later than August 31.