How to get started with the THSC Rangers program
- Step 1: If there is not club available in your local area, use this form to apply to start a new club.
- Step 2: As the club leader, receive the Rangers Manual and the Lone Star Study, then begin meeting with your students.
- Step 3: Evaluate your affiliation with a THSC Partner Group.
- Step 4: Complete the provided lesson plans and quarterly projects.
- Step 5: Report student progress and receive access to Rangers benefits.
Here is a sample of the THSC Rangers Manual and the Lone Star Study provided to club leaders:
How much does the Ranger program cost?
Student Membership Cost
- For clubs hosted by a THSC Partner Group, student membership is free.
- For clubs not part of a THSC Partner Group, student registration is $25 per family per semester for THSC members and $35 per family for non-members.
What are students required to complete?
Students are required to complete two (2) club projects per semester. Project examples include but are not limited to:
- Volunteering with a THSC-endorsed campaign.
- Working on voter registration drives and campaigns.
- Drafting and presenting a research paper on a specific topic.
- Interviewing candidates in your local area.
Students are required to meet the minimum criteria to be eligible for student benefits. They are also strongly encouraged to participate in more after-class activities when possible.