Home schooling has changed over the years and so have home school groups. Home school group leaders are on the frontline raising up the next generation of leaders. We want you to know that we are listening to your suggestions!
The THSC Partner Group Program was created to provide benefits specifically for today’s home school group leaders. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
THSC Partner Group Benefits:
THSC Partner Group Leaders can access the Google G Suite for Education that’s now available to homeschool groups!
G Suite for Education in Your Homeschool
G Suite for Education is a free collection of productivity and collaboration tools—including Gmail, Google Classroom, Google Docs and Drive, Google Calendar, and more—that lets students and teachers interact seamlessly and securely across devices. Google says that the Suite will help your educational group to:
- Manage your classwork with ease: create classes, distribute assignments, give quizzes, send feedback, and see everything in one place.
- Collaborate anywhere: co-edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in real time.
- Manage all your tasks: build to-do lists, create task reminders, and schedule meetings.
- Communicate your way: connect with email, chat, and video conference.
- Administer with confidence: add students, manage devices, and configure security and settings so that your data stays safe.
Who is not eligible?
- Individual families
- Homeschool groups that have not updated or applied as a THSC Partner Group
- Homeschool groups that are for parents only and do not have students.
If you are not eligible, Google still offers great tools for collaborating with your children. Find out more in creating accounts for children.
The criteria for obtaining a code for the G Suite (Google Classroom) is to be a co-op/support group. You must have your THSC Partner Group listed and updated at THSC.org. Check our current list of groups.
If you are a THSC Partner Group we will need the following:
- Your name
- Organization name for your THSC Partner Group name as shown on our website
- Contact email (this is email that Google will be contacting you with)
- Your group’s own website domain.
- Google has an affordable option for purchase of domain.
- Tip: Keeping it simple might help simplify this later, since the all users must enter this every time they log into G-Suite.
- Log into THSC Leader Resources to request your code
Getting Started with G Suite for Education
Privacy questions: You can read Google’s Privacy and Security policy on their website.
This site houses resources to help you set up your G Suite for Education account including (but not limited to):
- Signing up for G Suite for Education Video (3 mins)
- Quick Tips: Deploy G Suite Video (6 mins)
- G Suite Deployment Guide
24/7 Support from Google for Education
Helping hands are available around the clock so that you can get the help you need, whenever you need it. Visit our G Suite Administrator Help Center for self-serve resources, or connect with a member of our support team by clicking “Contact Us” at the top right corner of this page.
Now that you have access to G Suite for Education, it’s time to learn about the tools and how to use them in a learning environment.
The Google for Education Training Center offers free training on a wide variety of topics, from general lessons (Getting familiar with Google tools for the Digital Classroom) to specific tutorials on each tool (Docs, Drive, Classroom, etc.).
- Discover Local Google for Education Experts
- Join this Google+ group alongside other homeschools in the U.S. to share ideas, ask questions and help one another.
Free Programs and Curriculum from Google for Education
- Applied Digital Skills: Teach critical digital skills that have immediate, real-life application that helps students prepare for jobs.
- Be Internet Awesome: Teach kids the fundamentals of digital citizenship to help them be safe, confident explorers of the online world.
- CS First: Introduce computer science to kids (no CS experience needed)
- Expeditions: A free app that brings immersive computing to schools, bringing abstract concepts to life and giving homeschoolers a deeper understanding of the world beyond the classroom.
- And many more!
Questions About Using G Suite for Education?
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Basic group organization
- Sample documents, bylaws, and statements of faith
- Handling finances and insurance
- Public relations
- Group membership forms
- Volunteer management and recruitment
- And much more!
- As a benefit to THSC Partner Groups, THSC staff and committee members will present to your local home school group and nearby groups. The presentation helps group members better understand:
- The background of home school freedom in Texas
- The basic steps for home schooling today
- The battle for freedom now and in the future
- Groups are asked to invite nearby groups to attend in order to give members in your area access to these events and to help local groups develop relationships with each other.
- Groups are encouraged to schedule early, as there are limited speaking slots available each month and they will fill quickly! Request a speaker today by using your THSC Partner Group password on the Leader Resources page.
- THSC wants to highlight shining examples of student achievements, dedicated leadership, and regional or statewide events that are open to other home school group members and leaders. Submit your request and photos online as a THSC Partner Group benefit.
The THSC Partner Group and its attendant benefits are offered at no cost to the group. THSC Partner Group Terms include the following:
- THSC Partner Groups agree to support the goals of home school families (see the THSC definition of home schooling).
- THSC Partner Groups have read the THSC Mission Statement and will not represent causes or values that would be in conflict with the Mission and Statement of Faith of THSC.
- THSC Partner Groups will encourage membership with THSC in a manner best suited to your group.
- Examples of ways your group can encourage members to support THSC:
- Place a link on your group website
- Share THSC posts on social media
- Forward THSC emails to your group
- Word of mouth! This is always a great way to share when your members have home school questions or concerns.
- Examples of ways your group can encourage members to support THSC:
- THSC Partner Groups agree to provide updates and maintain current contact information with THSC so that home school families and other home school groups can locate your group. (Options are available for THSC-only contact information and general contact information.) Set your calendar to update every August!
THSC offers access to multiple benefits through group partnership for the purpose of better serve home educating families in Texas.
THSC is an organization with Christian values. We do not require that THSC Partner Groups hold to all of the same values. However promotional benefits, in keeping with our religious identity and mission, are limited to THSC Partner Groups. THSC Associate Partner Groups receive all other benefits. Groups that apply for the THSC Partner Group program but hold beliefs or values that are in conflict with THSC’s mission or Statement of Faith will be ineligible for the THSC Partner Group program and will be listed as a THSC Associate Partner.
Only home school groups qualify for partnership. Other interested businesses may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Associate Partners are not promoted on THSC.org
The THSC Partner Groups listed on thsc.org reflect the freedom of home educators in Texas to choose from a wide variety of home school philosophies and teaching methods. Opinions and attitudes expressed in articles do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of the Texas Home School Coalition. THSC does not endorse or advocate any one method, philosophy or views expressed by THSC Partner Groups. This list has not been provided for solicitors, and should not be duplicated or copied for solicitation. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by THSC nor an indication of similar values as THSC. The board encourages home educators to seek God’s will in determining what is best for them, their school, and their students.
The information on THSC.org, or in links provided by this website, are not to be misconstrued as legal advice or a recommendation regarding any of the legal issues or problems described herein.